The protection of your personal data is a major concern to us. This is to inform you how we process your data and what your claims and rights are in accordance with data protection regulations.
This data protection declaration applies to personal data collected, processed and used in compliance with Article 4 No. 7 GDPR by
MEDTRONIC medizinisch-elektronische Geräte-Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Riedelbach – Technologiepark
In den Ensterwiesen 7
Phone: +49 (0) 6083 95989-0
Fax: +49 (0) 6083 95989-11
The internal data protection officer is Ms Tanja Löw. You may contact her at the address above or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Protection of Your Data
Your personal data is collected and processed in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By using our website you consent to collecting, using and transferring your data in compliance with this data protection declaration.
By submitting your personal data you consent to our storing and using them pursuant to the law governing data protection. Medtronic will only use your personal data for customer service purposes, order execution and marketing. We process the data we collect when you visit our website confidentially in compliance with the applicable legal regulations and do not disclose them to third parties.
Below we provide you with information on the purposes for which we collect your data and how we use them.
Collection and Retention of Personal Data as well as Type, Purpose and Use
As a rule, our website may be used without submitting personal data. If we ask you to submit personal data on our website (such as name, address and e-mail address), e. g. for communication purposes or for using our online shop, you always submit them on a voluntary basis.
When you access our website, the browser used on your device automatically transmits information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily saved in a so-called log file. Thus, the following information is collected without your assistance and saved until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the enquiring computer
- date and time of access
- name and URL of retrieved file
- website from which access is established (referrer URL)
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your PC as well as name of your access provider
We process such data for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection build-up to the website
- to ensure the comfortable use of our website
- to evaluate system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes.
The above data cannot be traced back to a particular person. We reserve the right to check these data subsequently if there should be a specific reason to justifiably suspect illegal use.
Except for the IP address, personal data are only saved if you submit these to us yourself, i. e. to request contact, for registration or for executing a contract.
We may use so-called cookies on our website to make our online offer more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and are saved by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted as soon as you leave our website. Other cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them. These cookies help us to recognise your browser when you visit us again.
You may preset your browser to notify you before cookies are set. In such case you can consent to the setting of cookies case by case or reject them as a rule and you may activate the automatic deletion of cookies when the browser is closed. If you deactivate the setting of cookies, not all functions of our website may be useable.
Customer Accounts (online shop)
For using our online shop a one-time registration must be completed requiring the input of personal data. For this we collect base data (such as name, address), communication data (such as e-mail address, phone number) and, if applicable, payment data (bank details) and access data (password).
To ensure proper registration and to prevent unauthorised registration by third parties, you receive an e-mail after registration to confirm activation of your customer account. After transmission of your registration data, the data provided by you are saved permanently in our system.
You may, however, request at any time that we delete the customer account you have created without incurring costs other than base-rate transmission costs. For this it is sufficient to send a written notice via e-mail or regular mail to the person named under Responsibility. We shall then delete your personal data we have saved in as far as they are not still required to execute your orders or must not be retained to fulfil statutory data retention requirements.
Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data for Advertising Purposes
By consenting to our use of your contact data you agree that we may use your personal data for advertising purposes. As we use your data for advertising purposes, we process and use your personal data and other information we receive from you, in particular first name, family name, address and e-mail address, to provide you occasionally with interesting product offers. This also includes that we may send you product recommendation from time to time via e-mail on the basis of your previous orders. Your data is not disclosed to third parties.
You may revoke your consent for future use at any time by to sending a written notice via e-mail or regular mail to the person named under Responsibility including sufficient information to clearly identify you. Revoking your consent does not incur any costs – except for fees possibly arising for transmission and connection.
Legal Basis and Duration of Storage
Data processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. a), b) and f) GDPR. We have an interest in data processing, in particular, for initiating, entering into and executing contracts and for using your personal data for advertising purposes.
In principle, we only process and save your data for the duration of our contractual relationship. This also includes the initiation and preparation of a contract (pre-contractual legal relationship).
Furthermore, we must observe various statutory requirements to retain and keep data in compliance with the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the German Tax Code (AO). The statutory periods listed there for retaining and keeping data are up to ten years after the end of the contractual relationship or the pre-contractual legal relationship. Also, specific legal requirements may determine longer periods for retaining and keeping data.
As soon as data must no longer be retained and/or kept in compliance with contractual or statutory requirements, they are deleted on a regular basis unless their – time-limited – further processing is required to satisfy the employer's predominantly legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Data
Your personal data are not disclosed to third parties for any purposes other than those set forth below. We only disclose your personal data to third parties: if you have given your explicit consent in compliance with to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. a) GDPR, if disclosure is required to assert, exercise and/or defend legal claims in compliance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. f) GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data in case there is a legal obligation for disclosure according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. c) GDPR, and insofar as this is legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. b) GDPR for carrying out contractual relationships with you.
Pursuant to the applicable laws you have various rights regarding your personal data. If you want to assert these rights, please send your enquiry via e-mail or regular mail to the person named under Responsibility and include sufficient information to clearly identify you.
You have the right:
- to request pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request to be informed about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged retention period, the existence of a right to request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing or a right to object to processing, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data where they were not collected at our company, and the existence of automated decision-making processes, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the details of such processes;
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified or incomplete personal data completed without undue delay pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR unless the processing is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with legal obligations, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data, if we no longer need the data but they are required by you for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims of if you have been objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted to another controller pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent at any time pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. Upon such withdrawal, we may not continue the data processing that was based on such consent;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. Usually, you can lodge such complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for your habitual residence or place of work or for our place of business.
We make every effort to save your personal data in such a way to prevent unauthorized access by third parties by using the appropriate technical and organisational possibilities.
For security reasons and to protect confidential content during transmission, your personal data, such as enquiries, are transmitted encoded. This applies to your enquiries as well as to customer login to online shop and online orders. We use the SSL coding system (Secure Socket Layer) but must point out that data transmission via the internet (e. g. in e-mail correspondence) may have safety gaps. Complete protection of data against unauthorized access by third parties is not possible.
Also, we do not guarantee that our website is available at certain times; disruptions, interruptions and outages may occur at any time. The servers we use are regularly and thoroughly secured
Validity of and Amendments to this Data Protection Declaration
This data protection declaration is valid as of May 2018.
It may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration due to changes on our website and/or to our product range and/or due to changes in statutory and/or official requirements. The latest version of this data protection declaration can be retrieved and printed from our website at any time.